Use of the makerspace is a privilege, if you are not following the rules and regulations, or safety guidelines outlined during training you will be banned from the JHU Makerspace.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the makerspace at any time.
- No open-toed footwear of any kind is allowed in the makerspace.
- When entering the JHU Makerspace you must swipe your J-card. Do not prop the door open or let others in unless given permission from staff.
- Do not let any unauthorized person (anyone who has not completed general shop training) into the makerspace.
- Do not use any equipment, tools, or facilities that you have not been trained on/in by JHU Makerspace staff.
- If there are any issues with tools, equipment, or the facilities you are to block off the equipment or area and contact JHU Makerspace staff immediately.
- Using equipment or resources for commercialization is prohibited.
- Tools, equipment, and resources are not to leave the makerspace unless given permission from the makerspace manager.
- You must pay for any tools, equipment, or resources that have a cost associated with them.
- You must follow all safety guidelines outlined during your training on JHU Makerspace tools, equipment, resources, and facilities.
- We do not allow multiple pieces of equipment to be run simultaneously by a single user. (EX: Printing on more than 1 printer at a time.)
Having badge access to FastForward U Homewood and JHU Makerspace, I understand and agree to following:
● I will swipe/tap my student ID card each time I enter the space
● I will keep the space clean by cleaning up after myself
● I will return furniture and any other items used back to its original location
● I will not remove any items from the space (furniture, supplies, food, etc.)
● I will report any problems with the space or suspicious activity immediately to the staff or security
● I will not possess or consume alcohol (irrespective of age) or illegal drugs in the space
● I will follow the JHU Student Conduct Code while using the facility and/or its resources.
● I understand that violation of this agreement, especially regarding drugs, alcohol and inappropriate conduct, may result in immediate revocation of access privileges
● I will follow all instructions given by JHU Makerspace, FastForward U, Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures, Johns Hopkins Security, and other posted security personnel
● I will surrender my badge access when I no longer need access, upon request by staff, or when I am no longer affiliated with the university (whichever of these occurs first)